US Synthetic,a ChampionX company has an immediate need for a Quality Manager located in Orem, UT. The Quality Manager will supervise a team of professionals to manage and maintain the quality systems for products and processes. Oversee development of new testing tools, methods, and systems. Work with customers to ensure quality expectations are being met to their satisfaction. Create and improve systems for incoming raw materials. Manage document control, calibration and drafting departments. Work with customer value streams to launch new products and improve current value streams. Apply Six Sigma methods to operations and seek to continuously improve those methods.
USSynthetic – Quality Manager
What We Do:
What’s in it For You:
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting at day 1 of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Oversees development of new testing tools, methods, and systems to ensure products and processes meet quality standards
- Employ Six Sigma methodology and analytics into operations in order to accomplish business objectives
- Design and apply the Shingo model of quality into the organization
- Works with and trains Black Belt and Yellow Belt-certified professionals in the planning, designing, and accomplishing of key projects – not required
- Encourage and coach data orientated problem solving throughout the organization
- Manages total quality function of the organization
- Responsible for planning and implementing total quality policies, programs, and initiatives including ISO certifications
- Work with customers to manage their expectations of quality and satisfaction.
- Leads and directs the work in terms of quality of engineering professionals
- Manage document control, calibration, drafting and incoming raw material departments
- Manage corrective action and customer feedback systems
- Create and improve relationship with our customer’s quality department, engineering, and procurement
- Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in related field preferred
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Sit for up to 8 hours
- Use of safety equipment (safety glasses)
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Knowledge of statistical problem-solving methods (Six Sigma Blackbelt)
- Be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Be able to perform ISO auditing
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: